—William E. Low, Founder and CEO, AudioQuest
Niagara 1200 brings the benefits of highly optimized power management to far more music lovers and replaces the amazingly well-received Niagara 1000.
The most obvious difference between the Niagaras 1000 and 1200, other than the 1200’s gorgeous textured bright finish, are the more universally useful shape and surprisingly substantial weight. The 1200 can now sit on a shelf like a component, with all the in and out cables in the back. It can be used ‘face’ down with the outlets in the air, fitting much better in the space between furniture and the wall. And, the 1200 is designed to stand on one end. 100% of the performance in a more useful package – and still only £899.99.
Designed by Garth Powell, the Niagara 1200 embodies the very same design philosophy and incorporates the same patented technology found in its larger siblings, the Niagara 5000 and Niagara 7000, but packs it into a smaller, sleeker enclosure—at a fraction of the price.
Much like the Niagara 5000 and 7000, the Niagara 1200 uses ultra-low resistance solid-core wiring optimized for low-noise directionality, capacitor forming technologies that vastly improve linearity and minimize distortion, and low-impedance AC inlet and outlet contacts with heavy silver plating over high-purity Beryllium Copper for superior noise dissipation. Similarly, Niagara 1200 features our non-sacrificial surge protection, patented Ground-Noise Dissipation technology, and over-voltage shutdown. The Niagara 1200’s non-sacrificial protection circuits ensure that your system is thoroughly protected from AC surges and spikes, and the Niagara 1200 protects itself—no damage, no down time. Set it and forget it.
The Niagara 1200 employs AudioQuest’s patented Ground-Noise Dissipation and Linear Noise-Dissipation Technology and fits seven high-performance outlets into its sleek cabinet-friendly chassis. Input current maximum capacity is 15 amps RMS in the 1200.
- two High-Current Power Banks were designed to enhance the performance of power amplifiers, powered subwoofers, and powered receivers via the Niagara 1200’s low-impedance, differential-filter circuitry. This, coupled with the patented Ground Noise-Dissipation System, ensures maximum performance from any power amplifier without the typical performance-limiting effects of current compression found in many typical “power conditioners.”
- five source-component AC outlet banks will still perform well for powered subwoofers, but the high-current AC outlets should be reserved for primary amplifier(s). The source AC outlets have been optimized for line-level audio preamplifiers, DACs, universal players, turntables, digital devices, and video products that utilize constant current voltage amplifier circuits. These circuits never suffer from current compression, but their lower input level and higher gain require a more robust means of noise dissipation. This is key to the Niagara 1200’s discrete AC power banks. When viewed facing the outlets, these are (from left): two high-current, three source centre position, and two source AC outlets. Each discrete bank features isolated GND Tech for optimal performance.
Please be aware: The Niagara Noise-Dissipations Systems do not ship with a power cable.
We strongly recommend that the Niagara 1200 is connected to your power socket using the NRG-Z3 (click here) as a minimum.
- Level-X Linear Noise-Dissipation Technology: More than 19 octaves of AC differential filtering (20kHz–1Ghz in excess of 24dB) with linear response, optimized for varying line and load impedance
- Patented Ground-Noise Dissipation (All outlets): 2 banks of direction-controlled ground-noise dissipation
- Non-Sacrificial Surge Protection: Withstands multiple AC surges and spikes up to 6000V/3000A without sustaining damage—sonically non-invasive
- Maximum RMS Input Current: 15 Amps (RMS)
- Outlets: Source (5); High-Current (2)
- Dimensions: 19.4" W x 3.2 H" x 7.5" D
- Weight: 18 lbs.
Order and Delivery Information
Thank you for considering Yorkshire AV for your next investment in your AV setup.
We are an approved retailer for all brands sold on our website, which means full manufacturers warranty and support as well as detailed product knowledge within our small business.
We use an inventory tracking system which states if item(s) are in stock and if not, what are the likely lead times.
Selecting "Next Day" delivery does not mean you'll receive your item the next day in some cases. It's the next day from when the item(s) are in stock with us. If there is an urgent need then please contact a member of staff via the Live Chat or telephone (01757 826111) to check on live stock levels.
Certain product(s) are delayed in manufacturing due to semi-conductor shortages across the Globe. We'll keep you informed as to your order progress and a likely ETA once we get updates from the manufacturers.
When will orders be dispatched?
- Orders placed Monday - Thursday before 2pm and are in stock will be dispatched the same day for next day delivery. This relates to product that state 'In Stock for immediate dispatch' on the product page.
- Orders placed on after 2pm on Thursday or on Friday will be dispatched for delivery on Monday unless Saturday delivery is selected.
- Orders placed over a weekend and are in stock will be dispatched on Monday.
Orders for items not in stock
Given the vast amount of variations of each product (e.g. AudioQuest cables) or Pro-Ject Audio Turntables - we keep the most common options in stock (i.e. gloss black finish, or 1.5m RCA cables) whereas longer cables or cables with terminations that are less frequently ordered will be ordered as required.
Generally speaking - we receive orders within 2-3 days for UK suppliers and 3-4 days for European suppliers (i.e. AudioQuest, DALI).
We want you to be 100% satisfied which is why we'll give you an email/call if item(s) aren't in stock and give you the option of changing the order, cancelling or if you're happy to wait a few days, we'll get it out as soon as possible.
If an item states 'Available to order' - this means the item is not in stock but we are able to order in. Lead times average 2 days but in some circumstances, delivery times may be longer and is outside of our control. Please contact us to get an estimate on delivery times if orders are urgent.
Who do you use for delivery?
Our primary delivery agent is DHL. Where orders are shipped directly from Yorkshire AV, we always use DHL who offer a fabulous service at competitive rates.
If we drop ship (i.e. direct from the supplier) then the delivery agent is out of our control. It is generally DPD or UPS however - we rarely see other carriers used.
As always - we welcome a conversation about your requirements and will always explore all options to connect you with the right solution.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.