See the big picture with true 4K HDR
Bring home the ultimate 4K home cinema experience in stunning HDR with 1,500 lumens brightness and advanced features.
Experience the beauty of true 4K HDR images at home
Brings entertainment to life with 4K HDR picture quality in any living space. The VPL-VW290ES lets you take full advantage of the latest content with impressive sharpness and vivid colour, whether you’re watching sports, enjoying movies, or playing games.
X1™ for projector
Our X1™ for projector technology takes our acclaimed BRAVIA TV video processing technology and optimises it for projection. The processor combines innovative technologies for high-precision frame analysis, with features like Dynamic HDR Enhancer and Super Resolution for high-quality images.
Dynamic HDR Enhancer
Our Dynamic HDR Enhancer processes HDR content frame by frame to deliver stunning contrast, which makes bright scenes brighter and dark scenes darker, for the ultimate HDR experience.
SXRD™ for uncompromising picture quality
Our advanced SXRD panel technology offers rich, inky blacks and clear cinematic motion and image smoothness. High heat and light resistance also ensures spectacularly high and stable brightness.
uper Resolution Reality Creation
The VPL-VW290ES analyses every pixel of every image and then employs pattern-matching algorithms developed over years of movie production to enhance crispness without increasing digital picture noise.
Our Motionflow technology adds frames to reduce blur while maintaining brightness, creating smooth and clear motion even in 4K – ideal for sport
- Display System: 4K SXRD panel, projection system
- Size of effective display area: 0.74” x 3
- Number of pixels: 26,542,080 (4096 x 2160 x 3) pixels
- Focus: Powered
- Zoom: Powered (Approx. x 2.06)
- Lens shift: Powered: Vertical: +85% -80% Horizontal: +/-31%
- Throw ratio*1: 1.38 : 1 to 2.83 : 1
- Light source: High-pressure mercury lamp, 225 W type
- Lamp replacement time: 6,000 H (Lamp mode: Low)
- Screen size: 60” to 300” (1,524 mm to 7,620 mm)
- Light output: 1,500 lm (Lamp mode: High)
- Colour light output: 1,500 lm (Lamp mode: High)
- HDMI*3: x 2 (HDCP2.2)
- Trigger: x 1 (Mini jack, DC 12 V, Max. 100 mA)
- RS-232C: x1 (D-sub 9-pin (male))
- LAN: x1 (RJ-45, 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX)
- IR IN / OUT: IN: x 1 (Mini jack)
- USB: x 1 (Type A, DC 5 V, Max. 500 mA)
- Picture processor: X1 for projector
- Acoustic Noise*4: 26 dB
- Operating temperature /humidity: 5°C to 35°C / 35% to 85%
- Storage temperature /humidity: -20°C to +60°C / 10% to 90%
- Power Requirements: AC 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 390 W
- Standby: 0.4 W (when "Remote Start" is set to "Off")
- Networked Standby: 1.0 W (LAN) - 3D capability: Yes
- 3D emitter: Built-in RD emitter
- Dimensions: W 496 x H 205 x D 464 mm
- Weight: Approx. 14 kg