The Vela CC401 Centre Speaker are high-class cabinets, which have a trapezoid shape and are angled rearward, combined with aluminum and glass. The design catches the eye but conduces acoustics, too. The sound of VELA shows it´s family background to the successful 400 series.
The advantages are distinct. The angling of the cabinet in combination with the new wave-guide of the JET tweeter improves the definition of stereo and multi-channel audio in modern furnishing. But there are more than the obvious changes. For example the optimized drivers are able to reproduce high-energy transients more precisely.
VELA Range from ELAC
The Benefits of Vela Design
• Crystal membrane woofer with an extended frequency range
• Jet 5 tweeter offering a wide dynamic range
• Bi-wiring configuration to enhance midrange
• Die cast bottom plate with an integrated double-flanged super silent down-firing bass reflex port
• Convex baffle shape reducing reflections
Elac Jet Technology
• Elac’s Jet tweeter is one of the most legendary tweeters in our industry; having been honoured with many accolades for transparency and sound image.
• Linear frequency response > 50kHz
• Extended lower frequency range ~ 400 Hz
• Ultra-fast transient response – detail resolution
• Cope with ultra-high harmonics – adding some of the air and sense of space
• Designed and manufactured by Elac in Kiel, Germany
Elac AS-XR Technology
• Aluminium Sandwich Membrane with Extended Frequency Range (AS-XR)
• Extended frequency response and increased stability
• Increased stiffness• Smooth roll off
• Excellent large signal behaviour
• The crystal-shaped aluminium cone is joined to the paper cone in a special gluing process to result in the desired sandwich construction.
• Resembling the surface of a large crystal, the aluminium-foil stamping stiffens the aluminium cone, diminishing resonances and minimizing coloration, while improving power handling and dynamics
• Vanishing Point
• Minimal front baffle visual impact
• Eliminating the visual of a front port
• Integrating luxury material and finishes and highlighting their use
• Strength and beauty
• Moving away from square lines and maintaining tradition
• Simple lines minimizing visual complexity
• Slight tilt to give the illusion of eye contact creating personal connection between you and the speaker.
The sound of VELA shows it´s family background to successful series 400. But the advantages are distinct. The angling of the cabinet in combination with the new wave-guide of the JET tweeter improves the definition of stereo and multi-channel audio in modern furnishing. But there are more than the obvious changes. For example the optimized drivers are able to reproduce high-energy transients more precisely.
Form Supports Function
The convex shaped baffle and the big radius’s of the cabinet promote the acoustics because influences of cabinet to frequency response are reduced.
Close to Action
The bottom plate is made of aluminium and is featured with a down-firing bass reflex port which gives advantages in positioning the speaker.
Thanks to it’s flexible connections the Vela series offers the ability of using bi-wiring and bi-amping.
|Woofer||2 x 150 mm Ø, AS XR cone|
|Crossover Frequency||450 | 2400 Hz|
|Frequency Range (IEC 268-5)||32 – 50000 Hz|
|Sensitivity||88.5 dB at 2,83 V/m|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||40 – 250 W/channel|
|Optional Accessory||Speaker Grilles|
|Height x Width x Depth||191 x 653 x 233 mm|
Finishes: Black High Gloss, White High Gloss, Walnut High Gloss