The new VELA FS 408 is a midsize floor-standing speaker featuring all the great technology and beloved design elements of the highly successful VELA series. VELA FS 408 features a 2½-way concept in a vented cabinet with two 180 mm AS-XR woofers and a JET5 tweeter.
The VELA FS 408 woofers are equipped with powerful magnet systems and feature a long-stroke design. This combination allows for breath-taking performance in the low-frequency range while the integrated AS -XR technology ensures the highest accuracy in mid-frequency range reproduction. As always within the VELA line, the JET5 tweeter completes the driver setup with its ease in performing and the capability to present the airband.
The superior output of VELA FS 408 in the low-frequency range is an update to the great performing VELA FS 407. The narrowed dispersion in midrange however differs from the one of VELA FS 409 offering more choices to find the perfect match in terms of room acoustics and personal taste.
VELA Range from ELAC
The Benefits of Vela Design
• Crystal membrane woofer with an extended frequency range
• Jet 5 tweeter offering a wide dynamic range
• Bi-wiring configuration to enhance midrange
• Die cast bottom plate with an integrated double-flanged super silent down-firing bass reflex port
• Convex baffle shape reducing reflections
Elac Jet Technology
• Elac’s Jet tweeter is one of the most legendary tweeters in our industry; having been honoured with many accolades for transparency and sound image.
• Linear frequency response > 50kHz
• Extended lower frequency range ~ 400 Hz
• Ultra-fast transient response – detail resolution
• Cope with ultra-high harmonics – adding some of the air and sense of space
• Designed and manufactured by Elac in Kiel, Germany
Elac AS-XR Technology
• Aluminium Sandwich Membrane with Extended Frequency Range (AS-XR)
• Extended frequency response and increased stability
• Increased stiffness• Smooth roll off
• Excellent large signal behaviour
• The crystal-shaped aluminium cone is joined to the paper cone in a special gluing process to result in the desired sandwich construction.
• Resembling the surface of a large crystal, the aluminium-foil stamping stiffens the aluminium cone, diminishing resonances and minimizing coloration, while improving power handling and dynamics
• Vanishing Point
• Minimal front baffle visual impact
• Eliminating the visual of a front port
• Integrating luxury material and finishes and highlighting their use
• Strength and beauty
• Moving away from square lines and maintaining tradition
• Simple lines minimizing visual complexity
• Slight tilt to give the illusion of eye contact creating personal connection between you and the speaker.
The sound of VELA shows it´s family background to successful series 400. But the advantages are distinct. The angling of the cabinet in combination with the new wave-guide of the JET tweeter improves the definition of stereo and multi-channel audio in modern furnishing. But there are more than the obvious changes. For example the optimized drivers are able to reproduce high-energy transients more precisely.
Form Supports Function
The convex shaped baffle and the big radius’s of the cabinet promote the acoustics because influences of cabinet to frequency response are reduced.
Close to Action
The bottom plate is made of aluminium and is featured with a down-firing bass reflex port which gives advantages in positioning the speaker.
Thanks to it’s flexible connections the Vela series offers the ability of using bi-wiring and bi-amping.
|Height x Width x Depth||1307 x 276 x 332 mm|
|Type||3 ½-Way, bass reflex|
|Woofer/Midrange||2 x 180 mm Ø, AS XR cone / 150 mm Ø, AS XR cone|
|Crossover Frequency||140 | 360 | 2700 Hz|
|Frequency Range||28 – 50000 Hz|
|Sensitivity||89 dB at 2,83 V/m|
|Suitable For Amps From||4-8 ohm|
|Recommended Amp Power||40 – 450 W/channel|
|Nominal/Minimum Impedance||4 ohm / 3.2 ohm at 200 Hz|
|Accessories Included||Plate with Spikes and Washer|
|Optional Accessory||Speaker grilles|
Finishes: Black High Gloss, White High Gloss, Walnut High Gloss
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.