Uncompromised high-end design - a truly luxurious turntable configuration
Note - the X2 ships as standard with the Ortofon 2M Silver MM cartridge.
Upgrades are available and will be professionally installed by the team at Yorkshire AV.
The X2 is made for those who take great joy in the fine details, the build-quality, the high-grade materials and even more audio performance.
Structurally, the X2 is supported by its large, heavy, dense and stiff MDF structure, reducing unwanted resonances to almost imperceptible levels. By adding this extra mass, the X2 is even quieter, allowing the vinyl reproduction to become more detailed and precise.
Inside, it houses a sophisticated DC/AC generator board which, combined with the convenient speed control board, delivers clean and stable power to the silent motor system. To get the best performance out of it, we have improved the motor suspension.
Remaining vibrations are damped and eliminated, so they are not transmitted onto the chassis, platter and cartridge. The X2‘s motor chassis is carefully balanced and suspended on a precision tuned TPE belt; this way the motor chassis is effectively decoupled from the main plinth for optimal performance.
It is free floating, horizontally completely level and able to operate at the highest performance levels. In the X2, the motor drives a new, heavy, non-resonant Acryl platter via a sub-platter drive system and a premium grade main bearing for liquid smooth rotation. The new 9” carbon/ aluminium sandwich construction tonearm results in better internal damping.
This also means, the entire tonearm bearing is upgraded to compensate for the extra mass; altogether tracking will be more precise, stable and accurate. The increased mass makes the tonearm an excellent fit for low compliance MC cartridges. Finished as a one-piece, with no resonance-inducing headshell, the X2 can also be set for azimuth and VTA adjustment. The TPE damped counterweight reduces arm-cartridge resonances by as much as 50%
Supplied with a Ortofon 2M-Silver cartridge it can be ready to play within a few minutes of unboxing. Also supplied in the box is our Connect-IT E RCA cables, a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable with superior shielding that’s optimized for turntable use. Lastly, height-adjustable feet in their Alu/ TPE sandwich construction are a very exclusive but necessary feature to level the turntable and effectively isolate it from the surface it is placed on.
Yorkshire AV are pleased to announce upgrades for both Moving Magnet and Moving Coil cartridges. Details can be found on their specific pages:
In the box:
- X2 with Ortofon 2M-Silver Cartridge
- Connect it E RCA Cable
- Dust cover
- Adapter for 7“ singles
- Round drive belt for 78 r.p.m.
- Power supply, allen key
- Electronic speed control with 33/45 rpm speed change, which acts as “Speed Box” with ultimate speed stability
- Electronically regulated precision motor with improved damping construction for the least amount of vibration and noise
- Sub-platter with extremely low 0.001mm bearing tolerances
- Stainless steel platter-bearing with soft bronze bushing and teflon mirrors for lowest rumble and noise, and a stable, accurate speed transmission
- 9” one-piece tonearm tube with best internal damping by the ultra rigid carbon/alu sandwich construction
- TPE damped counterweight reduces arm-cartridge resonances by 50%
- Azimuth and VTA adjustement
- Pick it 2M Silver super fast, super precise MM cartridge with silver coils
- Resonance free, 2 kg heavy acryl platter
- Heavy, 50mm thick, highest quality CNC‘d MDF chassis
- Luxury 8 layers of painting and hand-polished finish or real-wood, satin-waxed veneer
- Super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance phono cables - purpose designed by Pro-Ject
- Hight adjustable, alu machined, vibration absorbing feet
- Handmade in Europe
|Speed||33, 45, 78 (electronic speed change)|
|Platter||30mm thick acryl, 2 kg heavy acryl|
|Main bearing||Stainless steel|
|Speed variance||33: +/-0,25%; 45: +/-0,20%|
|Wow & flutter||33: +/-0,12%; 45: +/-0,10%|
|Signal to Noise||70 dB|
|Tonearm||9” carbon/aluminium sandwich tonearm|
|Effective arm length||9“/230 mm|
|Effective tonearm mass||13.5 g|
|Tracking force range||0 - 30mN (18mN recommended for Pick it 2M Silver)|
|Included accessory||15V DC / 800 mA power supply, dust cover, Connect it E Phono RCA cable, felt mat|
|Power consumption||4.5 W max / 0.3 W standby|
|Dimensions||460 x 150 x 340 mm (WxHxD) lid closed|
|Weight||10 kg net|