Special order item - please contact us for an ETA on dispatch
High end Digital/Analogue Converter with DSD & USB 2.0
DAC Box DS2 ultra – state-of-the-art audio converter!
The advanced DAC Box DS2 ultra is an universal and very flexible D/A converter of the highest class. It offers full DSD256 support and upsampling of all input signals to 768kHz from USB, coaxial and optical inputs. This realizes high-resolution sound playback with a rich sound field and bass representation with less distortion.
Due to its class-leading audio performance DAC Box DS2 ultra is an ultimate high end bargain!
Note - Black/Eucalyptus and Silver/Walnut are generally stocked items.
Other finishes are special order items and are dispatched usually within 6-10 weeks.
- Top grade AK4490 D/A chip (32-bit PCM 768kHz / DSD256)
- 6 Inputs: 1x USB, 3x optical (TOSlink®), 2x coax (S/PDIF)
- Up to 32bit/768kHz asynchronous USB (XMOS technology)
- DSD64, DSD128 & DSD256 (DSD over PCM)
- Audio Class 2 (USB 2.0 High Speed) driver for Windows included
- Up to 24bit/192kHz for optical & coax inputs
- 5 selectable digital filter characteristics
- 3 selectable sound modes
- High-end ultra low phase oscillator with superior noise rejection
- RCA line level solid-state analogue output stage
- Ultra linear & ultra low noise circuitry
- Separate power supplies for every stage with advanced filter technology
- Upgradeable with optional linear power supply
- Full metal casing in silver or black
- Optional with wooden side panels (rosewood, walnut, eucalyptus)
|D/A-converter||AK4490 32-bit PCM 768kHz / DSD256|
|Sampling rate converter||AK4137EQ upsampling to 768kHz|
|Samplingrates||USB: up to 32bit/768kHz, DSD256 (DoP)|
|Coaxial: up to 24bit/192kHz|
|Optical: up to 24bit/192kHz|
|DSD-support||DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256|
|Filter settings||5 different selectable on front|
|Digital inputs||USB B|
|3 x Optical (TOSlink®)|
|2 x Coaxial (S/PDIF)|
|Frequency response||20Hz - 50kHz (+0/-1dB)|
|Analogue output||RCA/Cinch (Line)|
|Output voltage||2.2 Veff (switchable +6 dB gain gives 4.4 Veff )|
|Digital output||Optical (TOSlink®)|
|Crosstalk||-117 dB (10kHz@0dB)|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||113 dB (20Hz - 20kHz)|
|Power consumption||<1 Watt standby, 600mA max|
|Power supply||18V/1000mA DC (included)|
|Dimensions W x H x D||206 x 71 x 220 mm (Alu), incl. sockets|
|240 x 72 x 220 mm (Wood), incl. sockets|
|Weight||1410 g (Alu), without power supply|
|1880 g (Wood), without power supply|
Order and Delivery Information
Thank you for considering Yorkshire AV for your next investment in your AV setup.
We are an approved retailer for all brands sold on our website, which means full manufacturers warranty and support as well as detailed product knowledge within our small business.
We use an inventory tracking system which states if item(s) are in stock and if not, what are the likely lead times.
Selecting "Next Day" delivery does not mean you'll receive your item the next day in some cases. It's the next day from when the item(s) are in stock with us. If there is an urgent need then please contact a member of staff via the Live Chat or telephone (01757 826111) to check on live stock levels.
Certain product(s) are delayed in manufacturing due to semi-conductor shortages across the Globe. We'll keep you informed as to your order progress and a likely ETA once we get updates from the manufacturers.
When will orders be dispatched?
- Orders placed Monday - Thursday before 2pm and are in stock will be dispatched the same day for next day delivery. This relates to product that state 'In Stock for immediate dispatch' on the product page.
- Orders placed on after 2pm on Thursday or on Friday will be dispatched for delivery on Monday unless Saturday delivery is selected.
- Orders placed over a weekend and are in stock will be dispatched on Monday.
Orders for items not in stock
Given the vast amount of variations of each product (e.g. AudioQuest cables) or Pro-Ject Audio Turntables - we keep the most common options in stock (i.e. gloss black finish, or 1.5m RCA cables) whereas longer cables or cables with terminations that are less frequently ordered will be ordered as required.
Generally speaking - we receive orders within 2-3 days for UK suppliers and 3-4 days for European suppliers (i.e. AudioQuest, DALI).
We want you to be 100% satisfied which is why we'll give you an email/call if item(s) aren't in stock and give you the option of changing the order, cancelling or if you're happy to wait a few days, we'll get it out as soon as possible.
If an item states 'Available to order' - this means the item is not in stock but we are able to order in. Lead times average 2 days but in some circumstances, delivery times may be longer and is outside of our control. Please contact us to get an estimate on delivery times if orders are urgent.
Who do you use for delivery?
Our primary delivery agent is DHL. Where orders are shipped directly from Yorkshire AV, we always use DHL who offer a fabulous service at competitive rates.
If we drop ship (i.e. direct from the supplier) then the delivery agent is out of our control. It is generally DPD or UPS however - we rarely see other carriers used.
As always - we welcome a conversation about your requirements and will always explore all options to connect you with the right solution.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.