QED HDMI Active Optical Cable
Cutting-edge technology, cutting-edge performance. Today, tomorrow and far into the future
QED has long set the benchmark for high performance HDMI cables. But standing still inevitably means moving backwards, so QED’s engineers have been applying their unstinting excellence to developing an HDMI cable that exceeds today’s requirements and is ready to handle each and every upcoming HDMI standard.
A cable that functions flawlessly even over unlikely lengths. A cable that can be installed and concealed with absolute confidence in its longevity and ongoing performance.
The result of this application of engineering prowess is the ground-breaking and staggeringly capable HDMI Active Optical Cable. As the name suggests, this is a hybrid arrangement that combines copper core with optical fibre to create a cable that resists data degradation even over extremely long lengths - and doesn’t require an external power supply to do so. It’s a cable that’s able to handle all current and upcoming HDMI standards, including 48Gb/s 8K @ 60Hz, Dolby Atmos object-based audio, HDR and next-generation games console technologies
too. It’s a cable that can be installed and concealed secure in the knowledge that its durability and compliance with rigorous UK and EU Reaction to Fire regulations mean it will be functioning perfectly years from now.
QED’s five decades of technological expertise, its profound understanding of the requirements and expectations of consumers and installers alike, and its complete commitment to developing the most future-proof HDMI cable possible, all combine to deliver HDMI Active Optical Cable. Able to deal with the extraordinarily complex demands made of HDMI cable today, and with more than enough headroom to handle those changing standards in the future, HDMI Active Optical Cable showcases QED’s brilliantly innovative engineering and unstinting edication to detail - plus, of course, it completely redefines what consumer and installer alike can demand from their audio/video connectivity.
Focused thinking and painstaking development, leading to unrivalled signal integrity, leading to unsurpassed performance and longevity. This has been QED’s modus operandi for its entire existence - and HDMI Active Optical Cable is the latest demonstration of its peerless mastery of design and manufacture.+
- Hybrid copper/optical fibre construction
- Compliance with every current and upcoming HDMI 2.1 standard
- Triple shielding for robust interference rejection
- Low smoke zero halogen Fire Class Cca designation
- Lifetime guarantee
- Compliance with 8K @ 60Hz 4:4:4 resolutions
- Compatible with HDMI 2.1 standard: CEC, HDCP 2.2, HDR, eARC etc
- Support for multi-channel audio, including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- Hybrid optical fibre/copper construction
- Zinc-alloy connectors
- OM3 fibre technology and triple shielding for optimal performance in any circumstances
- Compliance with Reaction to Fire Class Cca
- Available in lengths 20m - 50m and lengths up to 100m by special order