The Ultimate Reference Standard for Bass Has Arrived.
Reference SVS subwoofers set the standard for bass with effortless low frequency extension, massive output and pinpoint accuracy and speed in transients. Featuring three game-changing innovations: a robust 16” driver with unprecedented 8” voice coil, 1,500 watts RMS, 5,000+ watts peak amplifier with fully discrete MOSFET output and groundbreaking new SVS smartphone app for convenient DSP and control; the 16-Ultra Series are the ultimate reference standard for bass.
The ultimate reference standard for bass, PB16-Ultra features a massive 16” Ultra driver weighing in at 34 kg alone, with astonishing 8” edge wound voice coil, a stunningly powerful 1,500 watts continuous, 5,000+ watts peak power Sledge amplifier with fully discrete MOSFET output, triple 3.5” front-firing high-flow ports and an innovative subwoofer control and DSP smartphone app with custom presets for precision tuning.
An unrelenting passion for breath-taking bass performance and engineering perfection guided every aspect of the PB16-Ultra subwoofer’s development. Ground-breaking technology, rigorous design and extreme testing in real world and laboratory environments allowed SVS to achieve unmatched low frequency extension and output capabilities all while keeping it amazingly detailed and articulate. The culmination of all SVS design advancements, PB16-Ultra represents an incomparable bass experience, nothing else comes close.
Massive New 16-inch SVS Ultra Driver with Unprecedented 8-inch Edge Wound Voice Coil.
This driver employs an 8" edge wound voice coil, the largest ever deployed in a consumer subwoofer. This ensures ultra-low distortion and pinpoint control resulting in incredible output and low frequency extension. Pushing the driver are four massive toroidal magnets that unleash a staggering 78mm peak to peak Xmech excursion (65mm Xmax) and the highest levels of motor force and palpable SPLs. The light and rigid 16” Ultra fiberglass resin composite cone has optimal stiffness to mass ratio to maximise movement of air and sonic energy without ever distorting or losing control.
Stunningly Powerful, New Sledge Amplifier with Fully Discrete MOSFET Output and 1,500 Watts Continuous, 5,000+ Watts Peak Power.
Conservatively rated at 1,500 watts continuous, 5,000+ watts peak power, the SB16-Ultra Sledge STA-1500D amplifier’s 64 Amp 200-Volt MOSFETs are the sonic muscle behind arguably the most powerful and highest fidelity subwoofer amplifier ever developed. Discrete MOSFET output unbridles the nearly limitless power in the Sledge amplifier and pushes the 16” driver to extreme levels of performance. They also represent an upgrade over the less robust integrated circuit output stages found in nearly all other Class D subwoofer amplifiers. The PB16U is capable of over 120dB maximum output! (CEA-2010)
Innovative New Smartphone App for Subwoofer DSP and Control.
Compatible with Apple® and Android® platforms, the innovative 16-Ultra smartphone app offers groundbreaking control. The SVS subwoofer app controls all DSP functions and conveniently stores custom presets. For added convenience, 2-way feedback shows updates in real time on both the app and subwoofer interface and Bluetooth connectivity allows adjustments to be made even when the subwoofer is not in sight. Control is also available via IR remote and an intuitive front panel display.
Acoustically Inert, Rigidly Braced Cabinet
A subwoofer capable of creating such extreme levels of sonic energy requires a formidable cabinet design. The PB16-Ultra is built with a double thick MDF front baffle and rigid internal bracing to support the massive drive unit and to ensure an acoustically inert environment. The highly reinforced internal design eliminates any chance of coloration or resonance from the cabinet, even when the deepest low frequencies are played at reference sound pressure levels.
- Black Oak and Piano Gloss Black finish options
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Front-firing 16" driver
- Rear-mounted amplifier
- Screw-in rubber feet
- Triple 3.5-inch ports
- Robust Medium Density Fiberboard(MDF) cabinet construction
- Cabinet Dimensions: 25" (H) x 21.7" (W) x 28.3" (D) (without grille)
- Cabinet Dimensions (with grille): 25” (H) X 21.7” (W) X 30.9” (D)
- Shipped Dimensions: 34.2" H X 27.5" W X 38.6" D
- Weight (unboxed): 174.5 lbs
- Shipped Weight: 207.3 lbs
- SVS 16” Ultra-series driver
- Powder-coated cast aluminium basket
- Four high-grade ferrite magnets
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized motor structure
- Dual shorting rings reduce gap induction and lower distortion
- Extended pole piece improves heat sink and thermal management properties
- 8” diameter, high-power edge wound voice coil
- 95mm peak to peak Xmech excursion (82mm Xmax)
- Upgraded Nomex spider for improved linearity and driver control at extreme drive levels
- Dual 24-strand copper and Nomex composite high-temperature leads provide a pristine electrical connection from the amplifier to the voice coil
- Premium glass fiber laminated dustcap and reinforced composite cone sub-structure ensure a light, ridged, and neutral radiating surface
- Low-creep rubber long-throw surround for excellent durability and longevity
- Sledge STA-1500D DSP amplifier
- 1,500 watts RMS continuous (5,000+ watts peak dynamic)
- Efficient and cool-running Class D topology
- High resolution 50Mhz Analog Devices Audio DSP with double precision 56bit filtering is most advanced subwoofer processor available for perfect audio reproduction
- Active PFC (Power Factor Correction) ensures the cleanest 1500W output regardless of your home mains supply
- XLR and RCA stereo input/output with ultra-wide input voltage for consumer and professional audio applications
- Convenient front-mounted display with subwoofer controls and 8 digit LED display
- Groundbreaking Subwoofer Control and Bass Management Smartphone App for Apple and Android Devices
- IR Remote Control
- Three user adjustable parametric EQs
- Continuously variable volume/gain control
- Continuously variable (0-180 degrees) phase control
- Continuously variable (30-200 Hz) 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/octave low pass filter frequency with disable/LFE setting
- Main power rocker switch
- Auto-On / On / Trigger Controls
- 3-12V trigger with 1/8” (3.5 mm) TRS mini-jack input
- Green standby mode with > 0.5 watts consumption
- Input impedance 22kohm (RCA)/ 22kohm (XLR).
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications
- Detachable power cord