The BasX A5 is a great choice if you're looking for a high quality five channel amplifier to power the 5 main channels in a surround sound system, or if you're looking for an easy way to upgrade the amps in your existing surround sound receiver.
The BasX A5 is a five channel power amplifier that delivers 95 watts / channel into 8 Ohms and 130 watts / channel into 4 Ohms, all channels driven, with a rated THD+N of < 0.02%, and an A-weighted S/N ratio of 116 dB. The BasX A5 features a heavy-duty linear power supply, high-quality Class A/B amplification, transparent fault protection, and a trigger input and output. High quality industry standard unbalanced RCA inputs enable the BasX A5 to be used with almost any preamp or processor and audiophile grade five way speaker terminals accept banana plugs, spade lugs, or bare wire. These features combine to enable the BasX A5 to deliver true audiophile performance and sound quality at an amazingly affordable price.
The BasX A5 is a great choice if you're looking for a high quality five channel amplifier to go with a processor in a new 5.1 channel surround sound system, or if you're looking for an easy way to upgrade the amps in your existing surround sound receiver.
Sound Quality First
- Designed first and foremost to sound great in all types of audio systems with all types of music.
- Great sounding Class A/B output stage ensures smooth, detailed sound and incredibly natural imaging, without a trace of harshness or strain.
- Low noise, wide bandwidth design, and a highly optimized input stage, lets you hear everything your high definition sources have to offer.
- Totally stable with real world speakers in real systems; not just on a test bench.
Solid Engineering And Quality Construction
- A heavy duty linear power supply with an oversized toroidal power transformer delivers plenty of current to drive even difficult speakers.
- Top quality parts and construction throughout deliver years of reliable trouble-free service.
- Heavy steel chassis with milled aluminum faceplate offers strength and rugged good looks.
- Double sided FR4 circuit boards, with plated-through holes, help optimize signal paths and minimize the need for point-to-point wiring.
Flexible Signal Connections and Power Options
- Unbalanced inputs via industry standard RCA connectors accept all standard unbalanced interconnects.
- Heavy duty insulated five-way speaker binding posts allow you to use a wide range of speaker cables with bare wires, lugs, or banana plugs.
- Remote trigger input and output allow the BasX A5 to control and be controlled by other trigger-enabled equipment.
- The BasX A5 is designed to operate on either 115 VAC or 230 VAC at 50/60 Hz and will automatically detect and configure itself for the proper line voltage.
Stylish New Look
- Our redesigned front panel gives the new BasX A5 a sleek modern aesthetic that fits well with virtually any room décor.
Strong Yet Silent System Protection
- Audiophile-grade fault protection is entirely transparent under normal listening conditions, yet protects the amp and your other equipment from virtually all common faults.
- Full three-year warranty ensures that you’ll be able to enjoy your BasX power amplifier for years to come.
|Power Output (ALL 5 channels driven)||95 watts RMS per channel; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD < 0.1%; into 8 Ohms. 130 watts RMS per channel; 1 kHz; THD < 1%; into 4 Ohms.|
|Power Output (2 channels driven)||120 watts RMS per channel; into 8 Ohms. 175 watts RMS per channel; into 4 Ohms.|
|Power Bandwidth (at rated power; 8 Ohm load)||20 Hz to 20 kHz (+ / – 0.02 dB)|
|Broad Band Frequency Response||10 Hz to 80 kHz +0/-1.8 dB|
|Signal to Noise Ratio (8 Ohm load)||> 116 dB; ref rated power; (A-weighted).|
|Minimum Recommended Load Impedance (per channel)||4 Ohms (which equals one 4 Ohm load or two paralleled 8 Ohm loads).|
|Damping Factor (8 Ohm load)||> 500.|
|Input Sensitivity (for rated power; 8 Ohm load)||1.2 V.|
|Input Impedance||27 kOhms.|
|Input Connections: Unbalanced (RCA)||One each per channel.|
|Speaker Output Connections||Audiophile grade 5-way binding posts.|
|Trigger||Trigger Input: 5 – 12 V (AC or DC); <10 mA input current required. Trigger Output: 12 VDC; can drive any load up to 120 mA.|
|Status LEDs||One per channel; blue.|
|AC Power switch||Rocker switch (switches AC main power).|
|Dimensions||17” wide x 4” high x 15-1/2” deep (not including connectors). 21-1/2” wide x 8” high x 21” deep (boxed).|
|Weight||26.5 lbs (unboxed) 33 lbs (boxed)|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.