- Centre or Surround channel speaker which can be used vertically or horizontally, freestanding or wall mounted. Combines the best of Monitor Audio technology in a stylish, compact and rigid die-cast alloy cabinet.
The supremely versatile A40 can be used vertically or horizontally to provide electrifying audio realism characterised by soaring dynamics and low distortion. Equipped with twin Apex bass drivers, the A40 excels at low frequency depth and mid-band evenness over a wide listening area. It radiates with the full force of a single 8" bass driver, but has the advantage of superior power handling and a wonderfully smooth audio consistency. What’s more, the single bolt fixings for its drivers give the longer A40 cabinet an especially rigid structure, banishing any hint of boxy colouration, especially from on-wall positions. The A40’s slender profile and glossy lacquer finishes make it a match for super-thin video displays: its beautifully engineered bracket allows for forward and backward adjustment to align the speaker with the front of the screen but also allows the A40 to tilt 22.5 degrees upwards and downwards for optimum setup.
Perfect for high quality sound where space is at a premium, and devastating when teamed with the explosive AW-12 subwoofer in a 5.1 channel configuration, the A40 will deliver simply breath-taking audio: discreet but oh so devastating.
- Bracket allows for forward and backward adjustment plus a 22.5º tilt upwards and downwards for optimum setup.
- Can be used vertically or horizontally, as a centre or surround channel
- 2 x 51/2" C-CAM mid/bass driver with RST technology
- 1" Gold C-CAM Tweeter
- HiVe II port technology delivers smoother airflow for better transient response and tighter bass
- Magnetic Grilles; for the sleekest effect there are no visible fixings
- Rigid die-cast alloy cabinet
- Finished in luxurious metallic black high gloss or metallic pearl white high gloss
50 Hz — 35 kHz
Drive Unit Complement
2 x 140 mm (51/2") C-CAM mid/bass driver with RST technology.
1 x 25 mm (1") C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter.
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
50 — 200 W
Bass reflex - twin front mounted Dual HiVe II ports
Power Handling (RMS)
600 Hz & 3.0 kHz
External Dimensions (H x W x D)
610 x 140 x 100 mm (24 x 51/2 x 315/16")
6.85 kg (15 lb 2 oz)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.