The sound performance of a vinyl playback system can be significantly improved when all unwanted resonances between the record and the platter can be reduced during playback. To enable this, record clamps and pucks are used to hold the record tightly against the platter.
Standard record pucks, that use only weight to pin the record down, can have two disadvantages:
- The weight can induce higher levels of rumble, when used with lower cost turntables which have smaller main bearings
- With fragile records, you could introduce an unwanted "warping" effect.
Pro-Ject's Clamp-IT record clamp is the preferred solution for audiophile playback.
The Clamp-IT is a stylish accessory that sits over the centre spindle of a turntable and uses pressure to hold a record against the platter. The simple screw mechanism also allows you to adjust the pressure applied, depending on the condition of your warped records.
Not only does Clamp-IT improve your listening experience, as its beautifully machined diamond-cut edges will also stand out on any turntable!
Key Features:Turntable Accessory
- Sound improvement for all turntables
- Universal, thread-less locking mechanism
- Reduces unwanted resonances during playback
- Fast and easy mounting
- Fine-adjustment of tightening force
- Leather coating underneath protects record label
- Diamond cut finish
Please Note: This clamp is incompatible with turntable models that have a threaded spindle (such as the 2 Xperience and 6 Perspex).